Hi, I’m MaryRose, and I am many things!
• I’m a wedding and newborn photographer based out of Whitby, Ontario.
• I am both a graduate and Professor of the School of Media, Art & Design at Durham College.
• I’m a lover of all kinds of well-crafted, icy-cold beer.
• I am indulgent in select graphic design and web projects, with a focus on small-business branding, when my schedule allows it!
• I am ‘Mom’ to three amazing little ones, one of them being quite furry.
• I am truly ‘living the dream’.
When I was thirteen, I was introduced to photography by an incredible, talented spirit. I was amazed at how she always captured the very essence of who she was photographing in such a small moment of time. Each and every photo held a story behind it. Many times she placed a camera in my hands and let me tag along so that I would have an opportunity to experience photography. There were no guidelines or rules, just be creative and capture what I felt worthy in my own sight.
To this day, capturing a story is what continues to inspire me, while creating one-of-a-kind pieces of artwork out of life’s most precious moments. I am so blessed to have such amazing opportunities to photograph the stories and establish relationships with the couples and families who are placed in my path. My teenage idol couldn’t have said it better:
“Sometimes I get to places just when God’s ready to have somebody click the shutter”.
~ Ansel Adams
I love people and capturing the best of who someone is. I would love to meet you and tell your story!
For inquiries and booking, please email me at email@example.com.